Friday, October 30, 2009

I am at Juilliard School, New York City

Guess what? I am right now at Juilliard School, one of the most prestigious schools of performing arts including dance, vocal, drama, musical instruments, and Jazz. They happen to have 2 recitals this afternoon at 4:00 and 6:00 pm. And they are free to the public.How generous and wonderful!

I am waiting at their cozy lobby to get in the recital on time. Another good thing here is that you enjoy free Wi-Fi access. That is why I am being able to write this blog right now.

about the Juilliard
It is just a building around W 65th Street and Broadway. The inside of the building is as gorgeous as the facade. The recital/concert hall that I am in is called Paul Hall. Very beautiful although it is not a big one. There are of course a few other concert halls inside this building.

I saw a very cozy corner for students. Very relaxing and inviting. Best of all, it provides free Internet access to guests as well as students.

update:
I am attending a recital by Conor Hanick, a pianist PhD candidate at Juilliard School. This recital is presented as a partial fulfillment for his PhD. His committee got to be around although I don't know them of course.
He plays Beethoven very well. Good job!



YJ

1 comment:

  1. Dear Prof,

    Can you record the music and then forward it to web server via wireless? and the web server can broadcast it to many client. I think it's useful technology for the mobile tv station in the future. It's possible?

    Best Regards,

    Ricky

    ReplyDelete